In January we watched the free screening of the ground-breaking Broken Brain documentary.
We learn that we in the midst of a brain health epidemic. The executives and professional we work with complain about their brain function and physical well-being not being what it was in their 20’s. That is understandable if one has been hard on oneself and neglected the basic to brain health and well-being. Depression, ADHD, autism, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and anxiety are all on a rapid increase – but we CAN change this if we hold the keys to optimum brain health.
The RISK of a broken brain …
- Psychiatric disorders affect 26 percent of our adult population or over 60 million Americans
- Over 40 million people have anxiety
- Over 20 million people have depression
- One in ten Americans takes an anti-depressant?
- The use of antidepressants has tripled in the last decade?
- Alzheimer’s disease will affect 30 percent (and some experts say 50 percent) of people over 85 years old?
Our brains are our most prized organ, and having optimal brain health is absolutely critical in order to live and thrive in our modern society. Unfortunately, most of us are living with semi- to low-functioning brains.
Dr. Mark Hyman and a host of 50 health experts, give you the information you need to chart a new course and create your best life, not just today but into your old age. As legal professionals who rely on their brains and well-being, protecting your brain from deterioration is vital.
Here is a list of all eight episodes — please feel free to share it with those you love.
- The Broken Brain Epidemic
- Gut Brain Connection: Getting to The Root of a Broken Brain
- Losing Your Mind (Alzheimer’s, Dementia, MS, and More)
- ADHD and Autism
- Depression & Anxiety
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Accidents, Sports, and More
- 7 Steps to An UltraMind (Part 1
- 7 Steps to An UltraMind (Part 2)